MachineShop is hiring a Solutions Engineer. The primary responsibilities of this individual are to help match the capabilities of MachineShop’s Edge Computing platform with customers’ and partners’ needs. The primary goals
- Act as the lead resource to identify customer challenges and determine the best use of
MachineShoptechnology in addressing these issues.
- Provide specific technical information and support for the customer’s
decision makingprocess – helping them to understand how MachineShop solves their problems, how the solution would be implemented, scaled and supported.
- Act as the partner-facing technology resource to help partners integrate MachineShop into solutions that the partner is selling to its customers.
- In direct and indirect engagements, provide account tracking and project management support for all deals at all stages.
- Develop and manage Proofs of Concept (POCs) where appropriate and provide guidance in the creation of reference architectures for proposed implementation.
- Prepare written communications and presentations in support of direct and indirect selling
- Set up demos and conduct demonstrations for partners and prospects
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3-years experience in software development, product or project management
- Some experience working with connected devices, various industrial and non-IP network protocols
- Experience working with REST APIs, JSON, etc.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Desire and passion
to apply technical skills and knowledge to solve customer problems
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Some experience in customer or partner-facing role
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle many competing demands on your time
Compensation, Benefits and the Intangibles
- Competitive cash compensation with 50% base salary and 50% incentive-based pay. Compensation is uncapped based on performance.
- MachineShop offers very competitive healthcare benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Personal time off (PTO) is accrued but employees have 20 days each year plus paid company holidays
- MachineShop is a dynamic entrepreneurial business. Everything you do will have a visible impact on our business, on our customers’ businesses and your life.